Operations and Analytics
Recent shifts in product and service markets have resulted in an unprecedented demand for professionals who can successfully apply central principles of operations and technology management.
The Operations and Analytics major provides students with the necessary analytic, quantitative, and technological STEM skills to analyze business problems and to devise innovative and practical solutions. Course content within the major will include practical applications around operations, analytics and systems (STEM).
- OPAN-3258: Decision Support Systems
- OPAN-3280: Global Supply Chain Management
Nine elective credits – Students must take 6 credits from Section A & 3 credits from Section A or B
Section A: OPAN Courses
- OPAN-3241: Data Science (1.5 credits)
- OPAN-3242: Data Visualization (1.5 credits)
- OPAN-3243: Intro Bus App Development in Python (1.5 credits)
- OPAN-3244: Management Bus App Development in Python (1.5 credits)
- OPAN-3256: Digital Technologies & Analytics (3 credits)
- OPAN-3257: Developing and Managing Databases (3 credits)
- OPAN-3271: Environmentally Sustainable Operations and Business Models (3 credits)
- OPAN-3273: Regression Modeling and Analysis (1.5 credits)
- OPAN-3274: Business Forecasting (1.5 credits)
Section B: Cross-Disciplinary STEM Courses
- COSC-1020: Computer Science I
- COSC-1030: Computer Science II
- Any other COSC course* or other OPAN-Area approved STEM designated course
*AP/IB credit in COSC can not count towards the OPAN major Section B requirement.